How to Conquer Your Fear of Public Speaking
Joe Crushed His Fear of Public Speaking and Presented in Front of 300 Peers April 2018.
Joe managed his fear of public speaking by finding every excuse not to do it. But in March 2018, when the CEO of his company asked him to present for 300 peers at a conference, he had no choice, he could not say no. His career, family and livelihood depended it.
With 2 weeks to prepare, the anxiety was building by the day. Losing sleep and becoming more and more irritable, his work days were being consumed by the anticipation of failure and embarrassment.
A 38-year-old man at the peak of his career unable to speak with confidence in front of an audience. “I’m highly educated. I’m an expert in my field. I know what I’m talking about and I know I can handle any question thrown at me. So, what’s wrong with me?”
You probably know what it feels like to be singled out in a group of people to speak. You get really nervous. Just thinking about speaking to a group of peers your heart races, your throat narrows, you sweat profusely, and you get tunnel vision. It’s like your world starts to fold in on you. You feel the end is near, but the anticipation is slow and painful, as you know what’s coming.
Joe came to me earlier this year seeking help for his fear of public speaking. I’m a hypnotherapist in Dubai and together we were able to identify why Joe had this fear and help him to overcome it. Did you know that the number-one-fear worldwide is the fear of public speaking? The fear of dying comes in at number five! Most people would rather die than talk in public. You’re not alone, trust me, I have a lot of clients seeking help with this debilitating issue.
There’s good news, public speaking is not as bad as you think. The fear is easy to resolve and better yet, you can become an amazing and influential public speaker with the right tools.
What’s the Secret to Overcome The Fear of Public Speaking?
Understanding your fear and where it came from – You were not born with the fear of public speaking – The more you know about why you have the fear, the easier it will be to conquer it once and for all.
The hypnotherapy program used to help thousands of people overcome their fear of public speaking is simple. It’s based on proven mind-body methods that have been tested and verified by people just like you. No matter the level of anxiety you currently experience when faced with public speaking, you’ll learn how to control the fear, so you can look, sound and feel like a pro in no time.
With hypnotherapy people learn the root cause of their public speaking anxiety. There was an event that happened somewhere in your life that caused this issue. Your perception of that event at that time is how you subconsciously perceive every similar event today. Even if the traumatizing event happened as a child you still at a subconscious level perceive the situation to be the same today as an adult.
Maybe you were humiliated in front of your 5th grade class when a teacher called on you to answer a math question. You didn’t know the answer and the other children bullied you for your lack of understanding. Perhaps you were giving a speech at a large event and forgot the words, and everyone laughed at you. Maybe you had an authority figure in your life like a father, or teacher constantly telling you how you were not good enough. Everyone’s story is different but the physical and biological effects of negative thoughts and perceptions are equally disturbing to everyone.
Why Your Thoughts About Public Speaking Have So Much Power Over You
- Naturally your brain is wired for survival.
- You will always notice negative thoughts before positive ones as those are the thoughts designed to keep you safe.
- Negative thoughts alert you of danger and at a subconscious level you take this very seriously.
- In this case public speaking is perceived as danger.
Why Public Speaking Thoughts Make You Anxious and Scared
- Anxiety is the way your body responds to danger.
- Your subconscious mind holds a belief that public speaking is a danger because you don’t have the resources to cope with it.
- You are biologically programmed to go into the “fight or flight” response when you encounter danger.
- When fight or flight mode is active stress hormones are released into the body.
- You get the result of stress and anxiety.
Now You’re Afraid of Being Afraid
- You already know public speaking scares you and you predict that a public speaking event will invoke an anxiety attack.
- You anticipate the upcoming public speaking event and feel a jolt of overwhelming anxiety. Sweating, nauseous, heart racing.
- Now you feel the proof that you are indeed having an anxiety attack because of your public speaking event. You have confirmed your subconscious belief that you have a fear of public speaking.
- When you feel the anxiety it only worsens because you continue to confirm you fear in a cycle of prediction, anxiety, recognition, fear.
- With each moment and cycle the anxiety grows more intense.
How Hypnotherapy can Help You ELIMINATE THE FEAR OF PUBLIC SPEAKING, So You Can Speak Easily and Confidently in Front of Anyone, Anywhere at Any time.
- Hypnotherapy relaxes you into a state where you have access to your subconscious mind.
- Your subconscious mind is where all your beliefs and perceptions exist.
- Once you have access to your subconscious the hypnotherapist will guide you to mentally find the root cause, or underlying event of your fear.
- You will visit that root cause, evaluate it, and reprogram the subconscious belief to be different so it does not cause a fear response in your body.
- Now when you have to speak in front of people your mind will subconsciously see this as a safe thing to do. You will speak easily, confidently and happily in front of people.
The Natural Solution for The Fear of Public Speaking
- Hypnotherapy is a relaxing, simple mind-body process that will boost your career and save your health.
- In a world playing with pharmaceutical solutions to every problem, hypnotherapy is a powerful alternative option that works and has no negative side effects.
- The deep attention and focus of the hypnotherapeutic approach infuses proven mind-body techniques with science to resolve the problem from the core.
Your mind can make you sick and it can make you well. Your mind can make you succeed and it can also make you fail. Your feelings and beliefs control every cell and physiological reaction in your body. How you speak to yourself matters.
Your thoughts hold equal or more power than many of the latest scientific breakthroughs of our time. I have created an exciting and powerful model of helping people using the tools of hypnosis. If you follow my guidance, you will not only change your life, you just may save it. If you’ve forgotten how powerful and in control you are, hypnotherapy will guide you in the right direction. I have only just begun to reveal the vast wisdom stored inside your miraculous mind.
Try hypnotherapy today. In Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Online.